Plot & Details
Superman (Christopher Reeve) tries to save the world from nuclear destruction at the hands of Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) in this action film featuring the man of steel. In a speech to the United Nations, Superman declares he will rid the world of all nuclear weapons. Arch-villain Luthor emerges from prison obsessed with killing Superman and creates an adversary known as Nuclear Man (Mark Pillow). The two engage in a fight to the finish in various landmarks on Earth before taking their battle into outer space. When Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) invites both Superman and Clark Kent to a double-date dinner, Superman's powers are tested so that both men can be present. Jackie Cooper plays the gruff veteran newspaper editor Perry White, with Marc McClure as Jimmy Olsen. Sam Wanamaker plays tabloid tycoon David Warfield, the millionaire who buys the Daily Planet. Mariel Hemmingway is Warfield's daughter Lacy, Clark Kent's date at Lois' luxury apartment. This is the least interesting of the four Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve.
- Genre(s): Fantasy,Science Fiction
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/24/1987
- DVD Release Date: 05/01/2001
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Sidney J. Furie
- Starring: Christopher Reeve , Gene Hackman , Jackie Cooper , Marc McClure , Mariel Hemingway
- Themes: Heroic Mission
- Tone: Confrontational,Rousing,Tense
- Keywords: conflict, disguise, enemy, journalism, revenge, Superhero, family, nuclear-weapon, villain
- Country of Origin: USA (07-24-1987)
- Language: English