Plot & Details
A surfing penguin currently riding the wave of success enters his first professional competition in this computer-animated family-oriented comedy from directors Chris Buck and Ash Brannon. Cody Maverick (Shia LaBeouf) may be a relative amateur when it comes to hanging ten, but he's sure he has what it takes to surf his way to superstardom. With a little help from his cantankerous King Penguin mentor, ex-surfing legend Big Z (Jeff Bridges), and a little encouragement from star Pen Gu Island lifeguard Lani (Zooey Deschanel), there may be hope for this tuxedo-clad wave twister after all. James Woods, Jane Krakowski, Michael McKean, Jon Heder, Mario Cantone, and Brian Benben all lend their voices to this inspirational tale that proves anything is possible when you put your heart and mind to it.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Animation,Family
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/08/2007
- DVD Release Date: 10/09/2007
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Sony
- Director(s): Chris Buck, Ash Brannon
- Starring: Shia LaBeouf , Jeff Bridges , Zooey Deschanel , Jon Heder
- Themes: Surfing
- Tone: Goofy,Light,Rousing,Summery,Upbeat,Whimsical
- Keywords: inspiration,lifeguard,penguin,superstar,surfing
- Country of Origin: USA (06-08-2007)
- Language: English,Japanese