Plot & Details
Cinematographer Ronald Neame made his directorial debut with the 1947 murder melodrama Take My Life. When a Covent Garden violinist is found murdered, her ex-lover, show business manager Nicholas Talbot (Hugh Williams) finds himself under suspicion. The only person who believes that Talbot is innocent is his wife, opera diva Phillipa Shelley (Greta Gynt). Unable to convince the authorities, Phillipa plays detective herself, utilizing a snatch of a newly written song as her main clue to the true killer's identity. If the mysterious murderer isn't all that mysterious to the audience, it is only because the actor in question had played too many similar roles in the past.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 79min.
- Distributor(s): General Film Distributors
- Director(s): Ronald Neame
- Starring: Hugh Williams , Greta Gynt , Marius Goring , Francis L. Sullivan , Henry Edwards
- Keywords: detective, frame-up, husband, investigator, false-accusation, killing, murder