Plot & Details
Inspired by the true story of the United States Marine who volunteered to escort the remains of a nineteen year old soldier who was killed in Iraq to his small hometown in remote Wyoming, Taking Chance stars Kevin Bacon in the feature directorial debut of Oscar-nominated producer Ross Katz. Lance Corporal Chance Phelps (USMC) was just nineteen years old when he was killed during active duty. Now, as Lance Corporal Phelps is prepared for his final journey back home, Lieutenant Colonel Michael Strobl (USMC) (Bacon) makes it his personal mission to ensure that his fallen brother is laid to rest with the proper respect. As the journey begins, Lieutenant Colonel Strobl gains a greater appreciation of the sacrifices made in war than ever before.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/09/2008
- DVD Release Date: 05/12/2009
- Director(s): Ross Katz
- Starring: Kevin Bacon , Paige Turco , Sarah Thompson , Tom Wopat
- Themes: Military Life,Journey of Self-Discovery
- Keywords: Iraq, Marines, escort, funeral, hometown, lieutenant, soldier, war
- Language: English
Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2009||Academy of Television Arts and Sciences||Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie||Kevin Bacon||Nominated|