Plot & Details
Thanks for Everything is an unjustly forgotten lampoon of media promotional stunts. Jack Haley wins a contest sponsored by an ad agency, which is looking for the perfect "average American." The contest's avaricious promoters (Adolphe Menjou and Jack Oakie) use poor Haley as a merchandising tool by having him endorse all sorts of products. When Haley's girl friend (Arleen Whelan) realizes that the hapless fellow is being exploited as a means of controlling the advertising industry, Haley insists that the promoters cease and desist or he'll blow the whistle. The promoters respond by discrediting Haley as a crackpot, but justice triumphs in the end. Thanks for Everything is capped by a bizarre sequence in which Menjou and Oakie convince Haley that World War II has broken out--a sequence filmed one year before this actually occurred!
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 70min.
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): William Seiter
- Starring: Adolphe Menjou , Jack Oakie , Jack Haley , Arleen Whelan , Binnie Barnes
- Themes: Saintly Fools,Work Ethics
- Tone: Humorous,Satirical,Witty
- Keywords: America, man, radio, winner, advertising-agency, con/scam, contest, exploitation, love, romance