Plot & Details
In this romantic comedy, an aspiring actress pays her bills by working as a maid for various households. One of her employers is a wealthy and prominent publisher. After accidentally running into each other a number of times on the New York streets without recognizing each other, they begin to fall in love. She wants to take him home, but she is ashamed of her humble quarters. Believing that the publisher is out of town, she decides to take the lover to that apartment and pretend that it is hers. The lover/ publisher did have a business trip, but it was canceled. He decides to go along with her ruse and pretends that he has never been in his own apartment before. The trouble is, he now has no home to go home to; instead, he begins bunking with his business partner. In the end, both would-be lovers learn the truth, but they still refuse to tell each other that they know. Things get a little crazy, especially when the maid has all her girl friends dress up as hookers and come for a wild party at his apartment. He has the last laugh when they end up in jail.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 93min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/03/2004
- Distributor(s): J. Arthur Rank Productions
- Director(s): Richard Thorpe
- Starring: Sandra Dee , Bobby Darin , Donald O'Connor , Nita Talbot , Larry Storch
- Themes: Opposites Attract
- Tone: Bright,Light,Silly,Sweet,Upbeat
- Keywords: actor,apartment,bachelor,deception,maid,misunderstanding,publisher
- Language: English