Plot & Details
Everyone's favorite teacher, Mr. Simon (Ed Harris), pairs Andy with the school's biggest outcast and social pariah, Stanley aka "Big G" (Alexander Walters), on a critical school project. Sporting thick orange hair, a head too big for his body and ears too big for his head, "Big G" has been the object of ridicule since grade school. Before long, Andy will learn that there was truly a method behind Mr. Simon's madness as to why he teamed these two up.
After a dramatic incident in the schoolyard, teachers and parents rethink their roles in school and society. Principal Kelner (Amy Madigan) suspends a school bully for brutally beating up a female classmate. The vindictive father of the bully makes Mr. Simon the target of a malicious rumor about his sexuality, causing Mr. Simon to question his calling as an educator and mentor to his students.
When Andy watches "Big G" fearlessly confront the school bully about the incident, a series of events are triggered. Much to Andy's surprise, he learns that "Big G" is a brilliant, kind, tolerant human being, who as more dignity than anyone Andy has ever encountered.
Big G personifies Mr. Simon's four word answer on how to obtain world peace: HUMAN DIGNITY + COMPASSION = PEACE.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/29/2011
- DVD Release Date: 08/16/2011
- Distributor(s): Samuel Goldwyn Films, WWE Studios
- Director(s): Mike Pavone
- Starring: Ed Harris , Chase Ellison , Alexander Walters , Molly Parker , Amy Madigan
- Themes: Teachers and Students,Bullies,Misfits and Outsiders
- Tone: Bittersweet,Compassionate,Earnest,Poignant
- Keywords: coming-of-age, friendship, middle-school, social-outcast, teacher
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-29-2011)
- Language: English