Plot & Details
Directed by Harry Basil, The 4th Tenor stars octogenarian Rodney Dangerfield as Lupo, a restaurant connoisseur who falls for a singing waitress named Gina (Annabelle Gurwitch). After finding out that Gina claims to be unable to love any man who doesn't sing opera, the tone-deaf Lupo vows to learn. Wasting no time, he boards a plane headed for Italy and commences singing lessons with Vincenzo (Richard Libertini), a sketchy voice coach. What he doesn't realize, however, is that Gina can't tolerate him whether he can sing or not, and that this was merely her way of getting rid of him. Luckily, a beautiful young songstress named Rosa (real-life opera star Anita De Simone) takes pity on Lupo, and takes him to her rural, wine-making family. It turns out that their wine can transform even the worst singer into an opera extraordinaire. Initially determined to use his newfound talent in order to snare Gina, Lupo comes to realize that Rosa may be his true love after all.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 97min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/29/2003
- Distributor(s): Wine Women & Song Films
- Director(s): Harry Basil
- Starring: Rodney Dangerfield , Robert Davi , Annabelle Gurwitch , Anita De Simone , Charles Fleischer
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Unrequited Love
- Tone: Easygoing,Light,Merry
- Keywords: waiter/waitress, lessons, opera, opera-singer, restaurant, singer, tutelage, waiter
- Language: English