Plot & Details
This is a so-so early Hammer horror film from Nigel Kneale, who also wrote The Quatermass Experiment. Forrest Tucker and botanist Peter Cushing lead an expedition to the Himalayan Mountains (actually the Pyrenees, but who's complaining?) in search of the legendary Yeti. Several mysterious locals tell them to stay away with the sort of cryptic warnings found only in horror movies, but they carry on regardless. As expected, the furry beast is alive and well; meanwhile, members of the expedition begin to die from a series of accidents. The monster isn't shown very often and looks silly when it finally shows up, but there is a fair amount of atmosphere, and the stars are always fun to watch. Director Val Guest's career continued to slide from its 1940's highs until, by the '70s, he was making leering nonsense like The Au Pair Girls.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Action,Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 83min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/15/2008
- DVD Release Date: 05/23/2000
- Director(s): Val Guest
- Starring: Forrest Tucker , Peter Cushing , Maureen Connell , Richard Wattis , Robert Brown
- Themes: Survival in the Wilderness,Mythical Creatures
- Tone: Creepy,Rousing,Atmospheric,Campy,Wintry
- Keywords: Abominable Snowman, adventurer, attack, creature, expedition, mountains, snow, Himalayas, Sasquatch, exploration, killer-animal, monster, scientist, search
- Language: English