Plot & Details
Controversial and often offensive stand-up comedian Andrew Dice Clay made his debut as a feature film star in this crude comedy. Fairlane is a "rock and roll detective" who works in the music business, has an office on Sunset Boulevard, and drives a 1957 Ford, with clothing to match. He floats through the rock clubs of Hollywood, picking up women and clients, and soon stumbles into a case involving the death of a heavy metal singer, a corrupt music executive (Wayne Newton), the murder of a radio shock-jock (Gilbert Gottfried), and the kidnapping of the jock's daughter (Maddie Corman). Music stars like Sheila E. and Motley Crue singer Vince Neil also have cameos in the film, which attempts to transplant Clay's aggressively obnoxious stage persona into a movie environment.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/11/1990
- DVD Release Date: 12/16/2003
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Renny Harlin
- Starring: Andrew Dice Clay , Wayne Newton , Priscilla Presley , Morris Day , Lauren Holly
- Tone: Goofy,Humorous,Silly,Irreverent
- Keywords: detective,farming,forbidden,investigation,investigator,killing,love,murder,playboy,supervisor,worker
- Country of Origin: USA (07-11-1990)