Plot & Details
Writer and director Robert Rodriguez returns to the family-friendly adventure of his Spy Kids movies with this three-dimensional action opus. Max (Cayden Boyd) is a ten-year-old boy who doesn't get along with his peers and is constantly bullied at school. But Max has an active imagination, and he has a pair of very special imaginary playmates -- Shark Boy (Taylor Lautner), a human-shark half-breed cared for by a pack of great whites, and Lava Girl (Taylor Dooley), a girl with superpowers who can conjure heat and fire at will. Max may be a creative boy, but what he doesn't know is that Shark Boy and Lava Girl really do exist, and he is recruited to help them as they do battle against Mr. Electricity, a super-villain determined to deprive children of their sleep. Shot and originally released in the 3-D format, The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl also stars David Arquette and Kristin Davis as Max's parents, and George Lopez as a schoolteacher; writer and director Rodriguez wrote the film's story in collaboration with his then seven-year-old son, Racer Rodriguez.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Family,Fantasy
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/10/2005
- DVD Release Date: 09/20/2005
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Robert Rodriguez
- Starring: Taylor Lautner , Taylor Dooley , Cayden Boyd , George Lopez , David Arquette
- Themes: Teachers and Students,Wishes Come True,Fantasy Lands,Getting Along [k],Bullies,Fantasy Life
- Tone: Goofy,Bright,Fanciful,Affectionate,Humorous
- Keywords: imaginary-friend,outcast
- Country of Origin: USA (06-10-2005)
- Language: English