Director Steven Spielberg kicks off the big-screen Tintin trilogy with this computer-animated, motion-capture adaptation of Herge's beloved Tintin comic strip. Produced by Spielberg, Peter Jackson, and Kathleen Kennedy, the first installment in the series finds adventure-seeking Belgian reporter Tintin (voiced by Jamie Bell) and surly Captain Haddock (voiced by Andy Serkis) racing to recover a treasure that was lost at sea four centuries ago. Meanwhile, the malevolent Red Rackham (voiced by Daniel Craig) is determined to beat them to it. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Toby Jones provide additional voices for a film written by Edgar Wright, Joe Cornish, and Steven Moffat.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Animation,Family
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/21/2011
- DVD Release Date: 03/13/2012
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Paramount Pictures
- Themes: Members of the Press,Priceless Artifacts and Prized Objects
- Tone: Humorous,Rousing,Upbeat
adventurer, artifact, reporter, stories
- Country of Origin: USA - 3D (12-21-2011),USA (12-21-2011)
- Language: English