Plot & Details
The made-for-TV movie The Affair (working title: Love Song) marked the return to television of Natalie Wood after an 18-year absence (her last regular small-screen work was on the 1954 sitcom The Pride of the Family). Wood plays a crippled 32-year-old songwriter whose handicap has made her cynical and suspicious of the kindnesses of strangers. Robert Wagner (the real-life husband of Natalie Wood) co-stars as a compassionate lawyer who falls in love with her. By the time she has warmed up to her new beau, she finds that her family opposes the relationship. Written by Barbara Turner, The Affair first aired November 20, 1973.
- Genre(s): Romance
- Run Time: 74min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/04/1998
- Director(s): Gilbert Cates
- Themes: Unrequited Love,Star-Crossed Lovers,Living With Disability
- Tone: Wistful,Compassionate,Affectionate,Gentle,Warm,Sentimental
- Keywords: extramarital-affair, lawyer, romance, songwriter, family, family-disapproval, handicap, love
- Language: English