Plot & Details
Eraserhead meets Buck Rogers by way of an MGM musical in this bizarre outer-space saga about Samuel Curtis (Cory McAbee), a galactic truck driver looking to make a killing. The film opens with Curtis landing on the freewheeling, all-male asteroid of Ceres. Before winning a dance contest with his buddy Blueberry Pirate -- who is renowned for smuggling fresh fruit -- Curtis learns from Blueberry about a scheme to give a fetal "real live girl" to the similarly male-dominated planet of Jupiter in exchange for a strapping adolescent known solely as "The Boy Who Actually Saw a Female Breast." He in turn will be sent to the all-female planet of Venus where he will spend his life servicing the planet's occupants. Unfortunately, Curtis is followed by the mysterious self-proclaimed birthday boy Professor Hess, who has a tendency to vaporize any and all who come into contact with him. This film was screened at the 2001 Toronto Film Festival as a part of the Midnight Madness program.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/12/2001
- DVD Release Date: 09/21/2010
- Distributor(s): Artistic Lic.
- Director(s): Cory McAbee
- Starring: Rocco Sisto , Annie Golden
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Bounty Hunters,Space Travel,Lone Wolves,Future Dystopias
- Tone: Atmospheric,Enigmatic,Irreverent,Quirky,Fanciful,Hallucinatory,Stylized
- Keywords: asteroid, astronaut, dancer, delivery [package], outer-space, tavern, truckdriver
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-12-2001)
- Language: English