Plot & Details
The first film version of Philip Barry's Broadway play The Animal Kingdom stars Ann Harding, Leslie Howard and Myrna Loy. Howard plays a wealthy publisher who decides to marry the socially prominent Loy, leaving his mistress Harding in the lurch. In comically convoluted fashion, Loy behaves like a callous libertine, while Harding is the soul of love and fidelity. The frustrated Howard declares at the end that he is going back to his "wife"--meaning, of course, the faithful Harding. Animal Kingdom was long withdrawn from public view due to the 1946 remake One More Tomorrow; a pristine 35-millimeter print was discovered in the Warner Bros. vaults in the mid-1980s.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/10/2001
- DVD Release Date: 05/25/2004
- Distributor(s): Radio Pictures
- Director(s): Edward H. Griffith, George Cukor
- Starring: Ann Harding , Leslie Howard , Myrna Loy , William Gargan , Neil Hamilton
- Themes: Otherwise Engaged,Social Climbing,Looking For Love
- Tone: Biting,Bright,Stylish,Witty
- Keywords: extramarital-affair,love,love-triangle,marriage,mistress,moral-conflict,publisher