'The Arbor' traces the tormented life and legacy of British playwright Andrea Dunbar. While renowned for her three plays -- The Arbor; Rita, Sue and Bob Too; and Shirley -- Dunbar's life was plagued by chronic abuse and alcoholism. She died, tragically at the age of twenty-nine, leaving behind a brief, but illustrious career and three children from three different men. The documentary follows her eldest daughter Lorraine, as she comes to terms with her own struggles and those faced by her mother. Equal parts art and reportage, 'The Arbor' is an unconventional and poignant piece of cinema.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/27/2011
- DVD Release Date: 09/06/2011
- Distributor(s): Strand Releasing
- Themes: Writer's Life,Prostitutes
- Tone: Cerebral,Reflective,Stylized
Britain, ex-convict, playwright, prostitute/prostitution, working-class
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-27-2011)
- Language: English