Plot & Details
Directed by Marco Tullio Giordana and La Meglio Gioventu, this film chronicles the youth, emotional development, and milestone events in the lives of brothers Nicola (Luigi Lo Cascio and Matteo Carti (Alessio Boni) between 1966 and the early 2000s. Despite being polar opposites -- Nicola is a free spirited, romantic psychiatrist; Matteo is an angst-ridden idealist and member of the Italian police force -- the brothers stay connected through the nature of life, family, and time, even during their long periods of separation from one another.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Special Interest
- Run Time: 358min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/02/2005
- DVD Release Date: 02/07/2006
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Marco Tullio Giordana
- Starring: Luigi Lo Cascio , Alessio Boni , Adriana Asti , Sonia Bergamasco , Fabrizio Gifuni
- Themes: Doctors and Patients,Unrequited Love,Political Corruption,Political Unrest,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Bittersweet,Earnest,Nostalgic,Poignant,Sweeping
- Keywords: Italian [nationality],Italy,baby,brother,family,institution,police-officer,political-change,psychiatrist
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-04-2005)
- Language: Italian