Plot & Details
The Big Bus is set aboard a nonstop, nuclear-powered luxury bus commandeered by Joseph Bologna. Naturally, Bologna is a tortured hero with a deep dark secret (he keeps insisting he didn't eat all those passengers on his last disastrous drive). Stockard Channing and Harold Gould play the designers of the big bus, and of course they have a few skeletons in their closet. In fact, there isn't a passenger on the all-star manifest that isn't hiding something. The supporting cast features contributions by René Auberjonois (parodying his M*A*S*H role), Ned Beatty, José Ferrer, Ruth Gordon (doing a devastating send-up of Airport's Helen Hayes), Sally Kellerman, Richard Mulligan, and many others; Murphy Dunne contributes a memorable bit as a smarmy cocktail pianist. Unfortunately, The Big Bus was dumped onto the summer 1976 release schedule without fanfare by Paramount, and it sank without a trace.
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy
- Run Time: 88min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/16/2002
- Director(s): James Frawley
- Starring: Joseph Bologna , Stockard Channing , John Beck , René Auberjonois , Ned Beatty
- Themes: Daring Rescues,Nothing Goes Right,Class Differences,Technology Run Amok
- Tone: Goofy,Humorous,Silly
- Keywords: journey, misfit, piano, bus, disaster, nuclear, nuclear-energy
- Language: English