Plot & Details
The husband and wife team of Nadia Tass and David Parker concocted this charming teen comedy concerning a disappointing birthday present. Ben Mendelsohn plays Danny Clark, a shy 18-year old who only wants two things out of life: to go out with Joanna (Claudia Karvan) and to own a sleek new Jaguar. When Danny's father Desmond (Marshall Napier) comes through with a birthday gift for Danny, it's a car but it's not what Danny had hoped for --it is the family's old 1963 Nissan Cedric. Disappointed, Danny decides to trade the car in for a 1973 Jaguar before he goes out on his first date. Danny makes a deal with sleazy car dealer Gordon Farkes (Steve Bisley) for the 1973 Jaguar -- but Farkes switches engines on poor Danny. While Farkes is having a good time at a sex club, Danny decides to retaliate by gathering together a few of his friends to help him steal the engine from Farkes' Jaguar.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/10/1991
- Distributor(s): Hoyts Distribution
- Director(s): Nadia Tass
- Starring: Ben Mendelsohn , Claudia Karvan , Steve Bisley , Marshall Napier , Tim Robertson
- Keywords: birthday, injustice, rampage, revenge, robbery, teenagers