Plot & Details
Craig Ferguson, best known to American audiences as Mr. Wick, the conniving boss who loves to fire people on The Drew Carey Show, co-wrote and starred in this mock-documentary about Crawford Mackenzie, Scotland's leading hairdresser. When Crawford receives an invitation to Los Angeles for the World Freestyle Hairstyling Championships, he eagerly hops the first flight to America, with a camera crew in tow to record his triumphant debut in the States. Once he arrives, he learns that he was invited to attend and observe but not to compete. Crawford is at first dejected, but he refuses to take the humiliation lying down; one way or another, Crawford is determined to show off his talents for the greater glory of Scottish hair styling. The supporting cast includes Mary McCormack, Sara Gilbert, Larry Miller, and Charles Napier; director Kevin Allen previously helmed the offbeat Scottish comedy Twin Town.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/28/2000
- DVD Release Date: 07/18/2000
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Kevin Allen
- Starring: Craig Ferguson , Frances Fisher , Chris Langham , Mary McCormack , Donal Logue
- Themes: Culture Clash,Heroic Mission,Down on Their Luck,Fighting the System,Underdogs
- Tone: Silly,Quirky,Humorous,Irreverent,Satirical
- Keywords: Scotland, beautician, competition, film-crew, humiliation, vanity
- Country of Origin: USA (01-28-2000)
- Language: English