Plot & Details
In his first starring role, Steve McQueen plays a typical oversexed, car-lovin' highschooler who can't get anyone to believe his story about a huge meteor, which crashes to earth and begins exuding a pink, gooey substance. Affixing itself to the body of an old man, the "blob" begins parasitically sucking the life out of several unfortunate humans, growing to an enormous size. Problem is, the disappearances of the victims can all be explained (one is supposed to be out of town, another is attending a convention), so the cops still won't believe McQueen or his girlfriend Aneta Corsaut (the future Helen Crump of The Andy Griffith Show). Rallying his teen pals, McQueen finally manages to get the adults' attention-but by now, the Blob is consuming entire city blocks. In 1972, the sequel Beware the Blob followed.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Horror,Science Fiction,Thriller
- Run Time: 83min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/14/2000
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Irvin Shortess Yeaworth, Jr.
- Starring: Steve McQueen , Aneta Corsaut , Earl Rowe , Olin Howland , Alden Chase
- Themes: Evil Aliens,Race Against Time,Kids in Trouble
- Tone: Campy,Creepy,Ominous
- Keywords: rampage, teenagers, adolescence, alien [not human], creature, drag-racing, flesh-eating, generation-gap, juvenile, killing-spree, man-eater, meteor, monster, movie-theater, one-against-odds, outer-space, warning
- Language: English