Plot & Details
In this erotic drama, a couple who have devoted themselves to sexual freedom discover that their open relationship may have led them into dangerous waters. Fiona (Sheryl Lee) and Cyril (Charles Dance) are a married couple with an open relationship; they allow each other to pursue erotic pleasures with other partners at will, and they're eager to make the most of the opportunities that present themselves as they vacation in Italy. While in town, they meet Hugh (Colin Lane), a photographer travelling with his wife Catherine (Laila Robins) and their children. Fiona and Cyril discover that Hugh likes to photograph nude couples, and they eagerly invite him along for some fun and games at their rented villa, with blood oranges scattered around the floor. Before long, Fiona and Cyril discover that Hugh has a secret they never counted on. Based on a novel by John Hawkes, Blood Oranges has rather ornate dialogue that earned it some unintended laughs in its early screenings, especially when Cyril uses his favorite euphemism for having sex, "Tasting the love lunch."
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/11/2000
- Director(s): Philip Haas
- Starring: Stefania Sandrelli , Charles Dance , Pino Quartullo , Colin Lane , Ricky Memphis
- Themes: Infidelity,Love Triangles,Dangerous Attraction
- Tone: Intimate,Melancholy,Stylized,Understated,Sensual
- Keywords: evolution, fidelity, marriage, menage-a-quatre, secrets, sex
- Language: English