Plot & Details
The true-life quest of a terminally-ill ten-year-old boy who longs to capture the most beautiful butterfly on the planet comes to life on the screen in a touching drama directed by Léa Pool and starring Academy Award-winner William Hurt. In order to appreciate life to its fullest, an ageing entomologist learns that sometimes all you have to do is come out of your cocoon. When the young boy's mother convinces the renowned insect-expert to accompany her son on the journey of a lifetime, the courage that the terminally-ill child shows in realizing his dream inspires a man who has lived his entire life in a lab to get outside, connect with his fellow man, and experience the wonder of nature firsthand.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/25/2004
- DVD Release Date: 05/23/2006
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Léa Pool
- Starring: William Hurt , Pascale Bussières , Marc Donato , Steve Adams , Raoul Trujillo
- Themes: Dying Young,Unlikely Friendships
- Tone: Poignant
- Keywords: boy, butterflies, entomology, jungle, terminal-illness
- Language: Spanish,Bribri,English