Plot & Details
The "boys next door" are Roy Alston (Maxwell Caulfield) and Bo Richards (Charlie Sheen), typical California teens freshly graduated from high school. Daunted by the prospect of the real world, the boys decide to go on one last fling in L.A. But it's not all clean, wholesome fun; in fact, Caulfield and Sheen launch their weekend bash by beating up a gas-station attendant, throwing a glass bottle at an old woman, and murdering gay-bar patron Chris (Paul C. Dancer). Somewhere along the line, Bo becomes repelled by their violence spree, but Roy seems to be sexually aroused by all the misery he's causing. And so it goes, without real rhyme or reason, until the bloody denouement. Director Penelope Spheeris later helmed Wayne's World, The Little Rascals, and The Beverly Hillbillies.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 90min.
- DVD Release Date: 05/08/2001
- Director(s): Penelope Spheeris
- Starring: Maxwell Caulfield , Charlie Sheen , Christopher McDonald , Hank Garrett , Patti D'Arbanville
- Themes: Kids in Trouble,Crime Sprees,Thrill Crime
- Tone: Bleak,Confrontational,Ominous,Tense,Angry,Disturbing
- Keywords: angst, graduation, killing, boredom, crime-spree, murder, teenagers
- Language: English