Plot & Details
Screenwriting cousins Jeff and Gregg Sherman team up to craft this documentary exploring the darker side of the relationship shared between their famous fathers, Robert and Richard. Back in the 1960s, Robert and Richard Sherman rose to fame penning upbeat songs for such classic children's films as Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. But the pair's catchy, optimistic ditties masked a contentious brotherly bond -- which ultimately grew so sour that their sons Jeff and Gregg weren't aware of one another despite the fact that they only lived a few blocks apart.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/22/2009
- Distributor(s): Walt Disney Pictures
- Director(s): Gregory V. Sherman, Jeffrey C. Sherman
- Starring: Richard M. Sherman , Robert B. Sherman
- Themes: Sibling Relationships,Musician's Life
- Tone: Bittersweet,Heartwarming,Intimate,Reflective
- Keywords: brother,cousin,dysfunctional,family-strife,partner,relationship,conflict,rival,show-business,songwriter
- Country of Origin: USA (05-22-2009)
- Language: English