Plot & Details
Brooding Gregory Peck arrives in a small western town to witness the hanging of the men whom he holds responsible for the murder of his wife (they've been arrested for an unrelated crime). Through the help of a duplicitous executioner, the gang escapes--taking Kathleen Gallant as hostage. The vengeful Peck hunts the fugitives down and kills them in cold blood. He is forced to ask himself if he's any better than the criminals when he discovers that the fugitives, though justly convicted of murder, had nothing to do with his wife's death. The Bravados is as grim and compelling as the earlier Henry King/Gregory Peck western The Gunfighter. And yes, that's "Curly" Joe DeRita, of Three Stooges fame, in the role of the menacing hangman.
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 98min.
- DVD Release Date: 05/24/2005
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Henry King
- Starring: Gregory Peck , Joan Collins , Stephen Boyd , Albert Salmi , Henry Silva
- Themes: Vigilantes,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Disturbing,Gritty,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: escape, false-conviction, hanging, hangman, hostage, murder, small-town
- Language: English