Plot & Details
Two men who have made a career out of spinning remarkable stories find themselves bringing them to life in this inventive fantasy inspired by the creators of some of the world's best-loved fairy tales. Will Grimm (Matt Damon) and his brother Jake Grimm (Heath Ledger) earn their living by traveling from village to village and vanquishing strange supernatural beasts that have been menacing the populace. Or at least that's what their clients think has been happening; as it happens, Will and Jake are confidence men who cleverly stage the ghostly attacks and then take payment for making the creatures they fabricated go away. One day, the brothers arrive in a town and offer to help its people drive away evil spirits, unaware that the community is bordered by a genuine enchanted forest, and that young girls in the village have been disappearing at a frightful rate. The Grimm Brothers must now learn how to deal with real magic, with the help of the lovely but fearless Angelika (Lena Headey). Directed by Terry Gilliam, The Brothers Grimm also stars Monica Bellucci, Peter Stormare, and Jonathan Pryce.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy
- Run Time: 118min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/26/2005
- DVD Release Date: 12/20/2005
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Terry Gilliam
- Starring: Matt Damon , Heath Ledger , Jonathan Pryce , Lena Headey
- Themes: Cons and Scams,Mythical Creatures,Ghosts,Kidnapping,Fantasy Lands
- Tone: Atmospheric,Dreamlike,Fanciful,Quirky,Stylized
- Keywords: brother,creature,enchanted-forest,folklore,haunted,sorceress,village
- Country of Origin: USA (08-26-2005)
- Language: English