Plot & Details
Actress Mary Stuart Masterson makes her feature directorial debut with this drama detailing the manner in which three generations of men deal with the death of the family matriarch. Evicted from his New York City apartment, starving musician Guy Kimbrough (Jayce Bartok) makes his way back upstate for the first time in three years. Upon returning to his hometown, Guy does his best to deal with the recent death of his mother while desperately attempting to reconnect with his ex-girlfriend Stephanie (Miriam Shor) -- who has since moved on and found happiness with another man. Meanwhile, as Guy does his best to win Stephanie back, his shy brother, Beagle (Aaron Stanford), falls deeply in love with Friedreich's Ataxia-stricken high school student Georgia, and their father, Easy (Bruce Dern), attempts to rekindle his relationship with Georgia's grandmother Marg (Elizabeth Ashley).
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/13/2009
- DVD Release Date: 03/24/2009
- Distributor(s): 7-57 Releasing
- Director(s): Mary Stuart Masterson
- Starring: Kristen Stewart , Aaron Stanford , Bruce Dern , Elizabeth Ashley , Jayce Bartok
- Themes: Living With Disability,Small-Town Life,Dysfunctional Families
- Tone: Intimate,Melancholy,Quirky
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-13-2009)
- Language: English