Plot & Details
In Les Convoyeurs Attendent/The Carriers Are Waiting, Roger Closset (Benoit Poelvoorde) is a man who obviously loves his family, though that doesn't always make them feel better. Dad is an obsessive type with a short fuse and a long list of curious ideas, and his wife and children must often bear the brunt of his eccentricities. Roger works as a reporter, a job he doesn't like which doesn't pay especially well, either. One day, Roger learns an area business association is sponsoring a contest for a family that can break a world record, with the grand prize being a new car. Suddenly, Roger gets a brainstorm -- if his son can open and shut a door 40,000 times in 24 hours, the car will be theirs. 15-year-old Michel (Jean-Francois Devigne), however, is not at all happy to have been drafted into this new responsibility, especially when dad builds a practice door in the backyard and finds a trainer to teach Michel how to open and close it with greatest efficiency. Les Convoyeurs Attendent/The Carriers Are Waiting was screened as part of the Director's Fortnight at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Foreign
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/15/2000
- Distributor(s): Samuel Goldwyn
- Director(s): Benoit Mariage
- Starring: Benoît Poelvoorde , Morgane Simon , Bouli Lanners , Dominique Baeyens , Philippe Grand'Henry
- Keywords: door,father,obsession,reporter,world-record
- Country of Origin: USA (03-15-2000)