Plot & Details
Case Against Brooklyn was based on an "expose" article by Ed Reid. Darren McGavin plays rookie cop Pete Harris, who goes undercover to help smash a Brooklyn bookie ring. The problem here as that the crooks have been bribing other cops to look the other way. As if Harris wasn't courting enough trouble by going up against his "own", he also falls in love with gambler's widow Lil Polombo (Maggie Hayes), even though he's already married to Jane Harris (Peggy McCay). Daniel B. Ullman's screenplay adheres to the facts as recorded by Ed Reid, right down to the semi-unhappy finale.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 82min.
- Director(s): Paul Wendkos
- Starring: Darren McGavin , Maggie Hayes , Warren Stevens , Peggy McCay , Tol Avery
- Themes: Rookie Cops,Gambling,Police Corruption
- Keywords: expose [revelation], hospital, husband, influence, killing, rackets [corruption], rookie, syndicate, corruption, gambling-ring, police, police-corruption, undercover