Plot & Details
With a marvelously convoluted plot and featuring plenty of slapstick action, Chinese Feast is essentially a kung-fu film with a tasty twist: the combatants battle with knives, not to carve each other up but to make exquisite culinary delicacies. The story's impetus comes from a long-standing feud between cooking schools and centers on an upcoming cook-off in which two master chefs compete to present the most delicious version of the Qing & Han Imperial Feast staples -- monkey brains, bear paw, and elephant trunk.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/26/1995
- DVD Release Date: 11/26/2002
- Director(s): Tsui Hark
- Themes: Success is the Best Revenge
- Tone: Easygoing,Humorous,Light,Rousing
- Keywords: brother, business-rivalry, cooking, feud, knife, martial-arts, rival, school
- Language: Cantonese