Plot & Details
British sado-exploitation guru Pete Walker directed this mundane horror-mystery about an American pop star (Jack Jones) who, after a long hiatus, decides to return to England in an attempt to jump-start his career and finds himself immersed in a supernatural mystery involving the grisly murder of his estranged wife at their London flat. Through revelations provided by his wife's ghost, he attempts to solve the murder -- which may have been committed by something not entirely human. Although nowhere near as bloody as Walker's notorious cult classics Schizo or The Confessional, this is still rather gruesome stuff, enlivened somewhat by the presence of Pamela Stephenson as the latest object of Jones' affection.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/24/1979
- DVD Release Date: 01/31/2006
- Director(s): Pete Walker
- Starring: Jack Jones , Pamela Stephenson , David F. Doyle , Bill Owen , Sheila Keith
- Themes: Demonic Possession,Ghosts
- Tone: Harsh,Visceral
- Keywords: comeback, killing, estrangement, gore, monster, rampage, songwriter, wife
- Language: English