Plot & Details
This adaptation of Christina Bartolomeo's novel Cupid and Diana was produced for the award-winning anthology series Hallmark Hall of Fame. Cate DeAngelo (Mary Louise Parker) is the misfit youngest daughter in a dysfunctional Irish/Italian family; her mother recently died, and her father Dominic (Philip Bosco) has never had much use for her. Cate gets along only a bit better with her sisters, fussbudget Francesca (Bebe Neuwirth) and straight-laced Cynthia (Joanna Going). Cate runs a vintage clothing boutique that isn't doing much business, and her relationship with her boyfriend Philip (David Lansbury) is pleasant but passionless. When she meets Harry (Peter Gallagher), a rumpled but charming lawyer from New York, Cate thinks she may have finally found the man she's been looking for all her life -- except he seems like a less attractive package than Philip, and her family is sure she's making a mistake. Cupid & Cate first aired on May 7, 2000.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/18/2000
- DVD Release Date: 01/21/2003
- Distributor(s): Fine Line
- Director(s): Brent Shields
- Starring: Mary-Louise Parker , Bebe Neuwirth , Philip Bosco , Joanna Going
- Themes: Looking For Love
- Tone: Light,Reflective,Sentimental
- Keywords: boutique,dysfunctional,family-disapproval,lawyer,life-choices,misfit,sister
- Language: English