Plot & Details
Anthony LaPaglia, who's probably played more cops than Pat O'Brien, Edgar Kennedy and Fred Kelsey combined, dons brass and blue once more in The Custodian. LaPaglia plays a frustrated Australian policeman who decides to take on departmental corruption in a most unorthodox fashion. When he's not wrestling with bureaucracy and the good-ole-boy network, the policeman must contend with his unhappy marriage. All of the protagonist's various travails come to a head in the offbeat finale. The Custodian cannot be recommended for children, so pop it in your VCR after the little darlings are snuggled in bed.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/02/1997
- Distributor(s): Beyond Films
- Director(s): John Dingwall
- Starring: Anthony LaPaglia , Hugo Weaving , Barry Otto , Kelly Dingwall
- Keywords: marriage-problems, against-the-system, corruption, marital-problems, police, police-corruption