Plot & Details
A delightful film of repeating patterns and circumstance, The Day He Arrives is a meditation on relationships, filmmaking, and the unknowable forces that govern our lives. Seongjun, a film director who no longer makes films, goes to Seoul to meet a close friend. When the friend doesn't show up, Seongjun begins to wander the city aimlessly. He runs into an actress he used to know, shares a drink with some young film students, then, against his better judgment, heads to his ex-girlfriend's apartment. The next day, he finally meets his friend, has some drinks, shares some conversation, and meets a young woman who looks exactly like his ex-girlfriend. The next day goes very much like the previous day. Through it all Seongjun moves forward, struggling to find a purpose to his trip.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 79min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/20/2012
- DVD Release Date: 11/06/2012
- Distributor(s): The Cinema Guild
- Director(s): Hong Sang-soo
- Starring: Yu Junsang , Kim Sang-joong , Song Sun-mi , Kim Bokyung
- Themes: Alcoholism,Lovers Reunited
- Tone: Bittersweet,Gentle,Quirky
- Keywords: actor, drunk, ex-girlfriend, filmmaker, vacation
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-20-2012)
- Language: Korean