Plot & Details
The Belgian comedy team of Dominique Abel, Fiona Gordon, and Bruno Romy return in this story of a man who finds love under unexpected circumstances. Dom (Abel) works nights at a hotel as a desk clerk and regularly deals with a parade of eccentric guests, most notably a British tourist (Philippe Martz) who won't take a hint that his menagerie of pets is not welcome. Dom hardly thinks anything of it when Fiona (Gordon) appears and announces she's a fairy who will grant him three wishes in exchange for a room. To Dom's surprise, when he asks for a new motor scooter and an endless supply of gas, Fiona actually shows up with a scooter, and as the two spend more time together, he finds himself falling deeply in love with her. But Fiona isn't really an enchanted being -- she's an escapee from a mental institution, and when she ends up back in the hospital after giving birth to Dom's child, he hatches a plot to break her out. Co-starring Romy as a bartender with vision problems, La Fee (aka The Fairy) was an official selection at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/24/2012
- DVD Release Date: 07/17/2012
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Kino Lorber, MK2
- Director(s): Dominique Abel, Bruno Romy
- Starring: Dominique Abel , Fiona Gordon , Philippe Martz , Bruno Romy , Vladimir Zongo
- Themes: Saintly Fools,Expecting a Baby,Mental Illness
- Keywords: child, clerk, escape, fairy, hotel, mental-patient (escaped), pregnancy, scooter, tourist, wish
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-24-2012)
- Language: French