Plot & Details
In this drama, a dedicated forest ranger begins suspecting that a recent series of fires has been caused by arson. He investigates in a neighboring town. There he meets a beautiful rich girl, and they fall in love and get married. Unfortunately, the other rangers do not react well to the female's intrusion into their domain. Meanwhile, the daughter of a lumber baron, who has always secretly loved the ranger, is deeply disturbed by the nuptials. When the fires begin running wild, the two women rally together and help. Unfortunately, they are trapped by a wildfire and the ranger must save them by parachuting into their locale. While en route, he discovers that it is the pilot of the airplane who has been setting the fires. The two get into a fight, the arsonist torches the plane and jumps, and the ranger lies unconscious on the airplane floor as it spirals into a fatal nose dive. Fortunately, he wakes up just in time to jump out. He lands near the women, and together they put out the blaze. Later they learn that the arsonist died when his chute drifted into one of the blazes he himself had set.
- Genre(s): Action,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 87min.
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): George Marshall
- Starring: Fred MacMurray , Paulette Goddard , Susan Hayward , Albert Dekker , Lynne Overman
- Themes: Love Triangles
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: airborne, aristocracy, boyfriend, conflict, criminal, daughter, evil, fire, flying, forest, jilted, knock-out, landing [plane], love, lumber, marriage, parachute, plans, problems, ranger [military], search