Plot & Details
Hugo Haas wrote, produced, directed and starred in the tawdry but fascinating Girl on the Bridge. Like most of Haas' films, this one deals with the ill-fated romance between a middle-aged man and a much-younger woman. Saved from suicide by kindly watchmaker David (Haas), unwed mother Clara (Beverly Michaels) takes a job at his store, and eventually accepts his proposal of marriage. Their happiness is shattered by the arrival of the girl's lover Mario (Robert Dane), whose cousin Harry (John Close) extorts a tidy sum of money from David. When he can stand no more, David murders Harry, but the evidence points to Mario. At first willing to allow Mario to fry for the crime, David relents when he realizes that Mario has reformed and that Clara is still in love with the younger man. However, David's ultimate solution to set things straight is not one to be tried out by the viewer at home!
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Foreign
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/28/2000
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Hugo Haas
- Starring: Beverly Michaels , Robert Dane , Anthony Jochim , John Close
- Keywords: blackmail, guilt, killing, marriage, suicide, bachelorette, bad-woman, femme-fatale, love, rampage, watchmaker