Plot & Details
The Girl is 14-year-old Swedish schoolgirl Pat Carlsson (Clare Powney). Though very young, she is also very wise in the ways of the world, thus she has no qualms about offering her sexual services, for a price, to middle-aged attorney John Berg (Franco Nero). Like Humbert Humbert, Berg cannot prevent himself from succumbing to Pat's charms. What starts as an illicit affair, ends in a tangled web of tragedy and duplicity involving blackmail, kidnapping and murder. The Girl switches moods so often that it seems like three different films cobbled together. Though hardly a model of restraint, the film is surprisingly prudish when it comes to nudity: still, this is not a film for the easily offended.
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/07/1987
- Distributor(s): Shapiro Entertainment
- Director(s): Arne Mattsson
- Starring: Franco Nero , Bernice Stegers , Clare Powney , Frank Brennan , Mark Robinson
- Themes: Blackmail,Self-Destructive Romance,Age Disparity Romance
- Tone: Moody,Sexy
- Keywords: extramarital-affair, killing, lawyer, schoolgirl, May-December-romance
- Country of Origin: USA (08-07-1987)