Plot & Details
A loving couple suffering through an emotionally exhaustive case of empty nest syndrome offers temporary shelter to a pair of girls from Belarus who have been displaced as a result of the Chernobyl disaster. Bob (Alun Armstrong) and Julie Jenkins (Lindsey Coulson) are in a bittersweet position; their daughter has finally come of age and struck out on her own - which is a wonderful accomplishment for both parent and child - yet now the couple has no one in their home to nurture and care for. While Bob is content just to enjoy their time together, Julie makes the decision to offer shelter to a pair of young girls from Belarus. Belarus was one of the countries most affected by the Chernobyl disaster, and youngsters Nadia and Nelli are only two of countless Belarus children in need of a place to call home. Over the course of their time with the girls, Bob and Julie gradually rediscover the ability to laugh and love again - never realizing how heartbreaking it will be when they finally have to say goodbye.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 69min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/19/2008
- Director(s): Philip Martin
- Starring: Alun Armstrong , Lindsey Coulson , Samantha Robinson
- Themes: Journey of Self-Discovery,Non-Traditional Families
- Tone: Poignant,Sentimental,Somber
- Keywords: Belarus, adoption, child, couple, disaster, empty-nest, girl, love
- Language: English