Plot & Details
The Good Die Young is a psychological crime yarn, exploring the motivations of four participants in an armed robbery. American ex-GI Joe (Richard Basehart) hopes to use his share of the haul to bring his British wife to the US. Professional boxer Mike (Stanley Baker) finds himself unable to work in his chosen profession when his hand is broken, while his life savings are stolen by his disreputable brother-in-law. American airman Eddie (John Ireland) has deserted upon discovering that his wife (Gloria Grahame) is unfaithful. And shabby aristocrat Rave (Laurence Harvey) needs to pay off his wife's gambling debts. In other words, all four amateur criminals would have been better off staying single, which may or may not be the subliminal message of The Good Die Young.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/21/2009
- Director(s): Lewis Gilbert
- Starring: Laurence Harvey , Gloria Grahame , Richard Basehart , Joan Collins , John Ireland
- Keywords: aristocracy,army,baking,bank,bank-robbery,boxing,bum,criminal,desertion,escape,fate,lawyer,plans,poverty,robbery,shoot-out,stranger,veteran [military],weapons