Plot & Details
A rousing chorus of Noël Coward's "Stately Homes of England" is heard as the opening titles of The Grass Is Greener fade into several stock shots of those stately homes. One of these mansions is owned by British earl Victor Rhyall (Cary Grant), who opens his home to American tourists in order to make ends meet. One such tourist is wealthy Texan Charles Delacro (Robert Mitchum), who sets his sights upon Victor's lovely wife, Hilary (Deborah Kerr). In his efforts to win back his wife, Victor presses his former girlfriend Hattie Durant (Jean Simmons) into service. The Grass Is Greener was adapted by Hugh and Margaret Williams from their own stage play.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/26/2002
- DVD Release Date: 09/18/2001
- Distributor(s): Regent Ent.
- Director(s): Stanley Donen
- Starring: Cary Grant , Deborah Kerr , Robert Mitchum , Jean Simmons , Moray Watson
- Themes: Culture Clash,Infidelity,Love Triangles,Vacation Romances
- Tone: Gentle,Whimsical,Humorous,Understated,Talky,Stylish,Elegant
- Keywords: aristocracy,culture-clash,duel,extramarital-affair,jealousy,love,mansion,noble,rival,royalty,wealth
- Language: English