Plot & Details
Three twentysomethings learn the hard way about how to behave in a cemetery in this independent horror story. Harris (Dominic Purcell), Sid (Marcus Thomas), and Kira (Josie Maran) are three longtime friends who are reunited under unfortunate circumstances when their pal Devin dies in an auto accident. After attending Devin's funeral, the three stage an impromptu wake at a nearby roadhouse, and after lots of drinking they return to his grave to pay their final respects. Sid finds a note on Devin's grave which contains what appear to be lyrics to a song; the revelers begin singing the song and dancing around the cemetery, trampling the nearby graves. It isn't long before Devin's friends discover they've made a serious mistake; the poem they sang was actually a magic spell, and by reciting it as they disrespect the dead they've awakened angry spirits, who begin terrorizing them in their homes. Worst of all, paranormal investigator Vincent (Tchéky Karyo) informs Harris that there's only one sure way to stop the ghosts from bothering them -- death. The Gravedancers received its world premiere at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2007
- DVD Release Date: 03/27/2007
- Distributor(s): After Dark Films
- Director(s): Mike Mendez
- Starring: Dominic Purcell , Josie Maran , Clare Kramer , Marcus Thomas , Megahn Perry
- Themes: Ghosts,Mythical Creatures,Death of a Friend,Curses and Spells
- Tone: Creepy,Disturbing,Menacing
- Keywords: cemetery, funeral, grave, magic, paranormal
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-17-2006)
- Language: English