Plot & Details
A decorated Coast Guard search and rescue specialist still haunted by the death of his teammates during a disastrous mission off the coast of Alaska is charged with the task of training the next generation of Coast Guard rescue swimmers in director Andrew Davis' ocean-bound adventure drama. Ben Randall (Kevin Costner) was the best swimmer of his graduating class, but upon surfacing as the sole survivor of an Alaskan rescue mission attempted during a Category Three storm, his outlook on life has grown increasingly jaded. Now, as hotshot young swimmer Jake Fischer (Ashton Kutcher) arrives at Coast Guard rescue school looking to accomplish something meaningful with his life, he will be forced to endure the rigorous training methods of a man who expects nothing less than the very best in order to become a member of one of the most elite rescue squads on the planet.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action,Drama
- Run Time: 139min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/29/2006
- DVD Release Date: 01/23/2007
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Andrew Davis
- Starring: Kevin Costner , Ashton Kutcher , Sela Ward , Melissa Sagemiller , Clancy Brown
- Themes: Daring Rescues,Haunted By the Past,Military Life,Teachers and Students
- Tone: Confrontational,Forceful,Rousing,Tense
- Keywords: Coast-Guard,crew,dedication,hero,rescue,rookie,swimming,teacher,unorthodox
- Country of Origin: USA (09-29-2006)
- Language: English