Plot & Details
Faith, family, and devotion are all explored in Polish director Agnieszka Holland's intense family drama. Julie (Miranda Otto) and her twin children, Nick (Ryan Smith) and Nicole (Bianca Crudo), cut short a ski outing due to Nick suddenly taking ill. As they arrive back at home, Julie catches her husband, Henry (William Fichtner), with another woman and promptly moves to end their marriage. Meanwhile, Nick has another spell similar to the first one and doctors discover a tumor in his brain. Further complicating matters is Nick's allergy to the necessary chemotherapy drugs, which prompts Julie to abandon traditional medicine and seek out a Polish healer named Alexei Ormow (Lothaire Bluteau). As the healer begins making progress on the youngster, Alexei and Julie begin to fall in love with each other -- a development that greatly troubles Julie as she struggles to determine how to proceed in the best interests of her family. In 2002, Julie Walking Home (aka The Healer) was selected for inclusion in the Venice Film Festival.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 118min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/19/2004
- Director(s): Agnieszka Holland
- Starring: Miranda Otto , William Fichtner , Lothaire Bluteau , Ryan Smith , Bianca Crudo
- Themes: Battling Illness
- Tone: Enigmatic,Intimate,Meditative,Reflective
- Keywords: allergies, brain-tumor, extramarital-affair, faith, holistic-medicine, religion, ski-resort
- Language: English