Soon after relocating from Texas to New York in a bid to make the big time, a 21-year-old actor enters into a turbulent relationship with a struggling singer/songwriter in writer/director Ethan Hawke's screen adaptation of his own debut novel. William (Mark Webber) is an aspiring actor with dreams of making it big. Upon arriving in New York City, William soon enters into a tenuous romance with Sarah (Catalina Sandino Moreno), a talented musician with a winning voice and keen songwriting skills. Love is a fickle thing, though, and in the thriving world of young and talented artists, it isn't always enough to make a relationship last.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 117min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/24/2007
- DVD Release Date: 12/04/2007
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
Catalina Sandino Moreno
- Themes: Musician's Life,Actor's Life,Brief Encounters,Breakups and Divorces
- Tone: Bittersweet,Passionate,Reflective,Sentimental
actor, big-city, heartbreak, relationship, relocation, singer/songwriter
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-24-2007)
- Language: English,Spanish