Plot & Details
Martin Sheen may be the Grey Eminence of movies nowadays, but back in 1967 he often as not played switchblade-wielding punks. This he does, in the company of Tony Musante, in The Incident. After mugging a helpless old man, Sheen and Musante take over a subway car, terrorizing its occupants. In Stagecoach fashion, all the best and worst qualities of the passengers are brought to the surface by the presence of danger. Among the passengers are angry black man Brock Peters and his supplicative wife Ruby Dee, ex-alcoholic Gary Merrill, timorous Jewish couple Jack Gilford and Thelma Ritter, blowhard Ed McMahon, and homosexual Robert Fields. It is furloughed army private Beau Bridges who puts an end to Sheen and Musante's reign of terror. Based on Ride with Terror a 1963 TV play by Nicholas E. Baehr, The Incident is an unpleasant but undeniably fascinating character study. And yes, that cute young blonde playing Alice Keenan is Donna Mills.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 99min.
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Larry Peerce
- Starring: Tony Musante , Martin Sheen , Beau Bridges , Jack Gilford , Thelma Ritter
- Themes: Vigilantes,Hostage Situations
- Tone: Angry,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: passenger, subway, criminal, hostage, train-car