Plot & Details
This sequel to the 1984 surprise hit The Karate Kid reunites Ralph Macchio as high-schooler Danny and Noriyuki "Pat" Morita as Danny's martial-arts mentor, Miyagi. Picking up where the first film left off, The Karate Kid Part II finds Danny and Miyagi making an emergency trip to Okinawa, where Miyagi's father is dying. Here they revisit Miyagi's childhood sweetheart (Nobu McCarthy), who, Miyagi believes, had been wheedled into an arranged marriage with loose-cannon karate expert Sato (Danny Kamekona). Little does Miyagi realize that the woman is still single; Sato is still around as well, however, and intent on resuming the fight with his old nemesis. Morita agrees; meanwhile, Danny is challenged by Kamekona's pugnacious nephew (Yuji Okumoto).
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Family
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/20/1986
- DVD Release Date: 07/10/2001
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures
- Director(s): John G. Avildsen
- Starring: Ralph Macchio , Noriyuki \ , Nobu McCarthy , Danny Kamekona , Yuji Okumoto
- Themes: Underdogs,Teachers and Students,Mentors
- Tone: Affectionate,Atmospheric,Earnest,Heartwarming,Poignant,Rousing
- Keywords: Japanese [nationality], childhood, childhood-sweetheart, father, karate, mentor, real-estate-tycoon, underdog
- Country of Origin: USA (06-20-1986)
- Language: English