Plot & Details
In this melodrama, the wife of a wealthy man abruptly leaves him and sets sail for Cuba leaving him to hire a gumshoe to find out why. The girl left because she was being blackmailed for $50,000 by her former ex-husband who claims that they were never legally divorced. Before heading to Cuba for a hasty divorce, the distraught wife tells all to her sister-in-law. Meanwhile the detective is aboard the same ship as the wife and as he gets to know her cannot help but fall in love with her. The detective doesn't realize that her ex-husband is also on board, but she does and is happy about it because she wants to see if she can get her ex (not a US citizen) barred from reentry. Back at home, the sister-in-law tells her increasingly suspicious brother the truth about the situation and he immediately flies to Cuba to get there just in time for the exciting conclusion.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 70min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/13/1999
- Distributor(s): No Studio
- Director(s): Michael Curtiz
- Starring: Kay Francis , George Brent , Glenda Farrell , Allen Jenkins
- Themes: Private Eyes,Blackmail
- Keywords: America, accident, bigamy, citizen, death, detective, divorce, ex-husband, extramarital-affair, flying, husband, jealousy, marriage, millionaire, motel, privacy, problems, romance, sister-in-law, trip, wedding