Plot & Details
A man finds himself torn between the love of his homeland, the love of his family, and the love of a woman in this period drama based on a true story. Robert Adams (Julian Adams) is a Southern gentleman who is helping to run the plantation run by his grandfather (Weston Adams) as the Civil War looms on the horizon. At a party, Robert meets Eveline McCord (Gwendolyn Edwards), a beautiful and intelligent schoolteacher from the North. Robert falls deeply in love with Eveline and asks for her hand in marriage, but not long after that, war breaks out and Robert's loyalties to family and home lead him to become a captain in the Confederate army, while Eveline stands by her family in the North. As Robert bravely fights for a failing cause and is captured and imprisoned by Union troops, he struggles to stay in contact with Eveline, with her love becoming the only thing he can still count on. The film was written, produced, and co-directed by Julian Adams, who also played Robert Adams, his real-life great-great-grandfather; the supporting cast includes Mickey Rooney, Tippi Hedren, and musician Edwin McCain.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Drama,Romance,War
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/08/2007
- DVD Release Date: 06/26/2007
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
- Director(s): A. Blaine Miller, Julian Adams
- Starring: Julian Adams , Gwendolyn Edwards , Eric Holloway , Amy Redford , Nelson McCord
- Keywords: Civil-War [US], POW (Prisoner of War), grandfather, love, plantation
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-08-2007)
- Language: English